Are you already marketing on Twitter? According to data from Statista , the social network has around 4.1 million users in Spain. Many of them could become fans of your brand, since 48% of those who are regular on this type of channel declare that they follow one.
All this represents a great opportunity . It’s time to launch a Twitter marketing strategy .
- Twitter Features
- How to create a Twitter marketing strategy in 2022
Twitter can be a very effective tool for staying up to date, connecting and growing your network. It also ensures good results for those who want to increase brand visibility and communicate with relevant people and topics. This social communication channel is popular and has a consistent and very diverse audience.
Despite the limited space for posts, those 280 characters are enough to tweet about interesting news for the brand’s followers , details of new launches, links to a blog post, or questions that you want to answer publicly.
The advantages of marketing on Twitter have to do with:
- Immediacy . You can take advantage of it to keep your followers updated up to the minute. Opportunities, such as sweepstakes and prizes; announcement of events and new releases; changes in products or regulatory updates may be some of the topics to cover. In this network, current news is the central axis of the publications.;
- Brevity. The character limitation should be understood as an opportunity rather than a simple limitation. Those who overcome the challenge of restricted space for each publication are able to send their audience clear and direct messages, without detours. This form of communication allows you to better connect with the user’s needs, although it requires a good strategy and a polished technique to ensure that the messages arrive appropriately.
- Global. A global network that, at the same time, offers the possibility of becoming a local trendic topic . If your posts become trending, you are one step closer to them becoming viral.
- Humor . They say that a smile is the shortest distance between two people, and Twitter is the channel that makes it easiest for you to adorn the expression of network users when reading you with one. Using memes you join Generation Z and help make your content viral . Exploit your creativity and communicate with humor (here are some tricks to make your own memes ).
How to create a Twitter marketing strategy in 2023
Maybe you are already publishing content on Twitter, but do you know how to take advantage of the possibilities of this social network? If you want to improve results or want to get started with your marketing strategy on Twitter , it may be good for you to take note of these steps that will help you achieve it:
1. Define marketing objectives
The goal of your Twitter marketing strategy doesn’t just have to be to sell more . There are more options to benefit the business and boost brand awareness. For example, you can set goals related to:
- Get notoriety . Your updated publications with relevant information can help you become a reference, an authority in the sector.
- Generate traffic . The space that Twitter leaves you for each tweet is more than enough to include a call to action and a link to the point of sale/website/blog.
- Generate leads . Twitter allows you to know your audience better and segment. On your social media channel you can help prospects advance on their journey to becoming LEDs. Quality content will speed up the process.
- Stimulate purchases . Offers, discounts, promotions, raffles… you have many tools at your disposal to ensure that a tweet triggers that impulse that leads customers to include your product in the shopping cart.
These are just a few examples of marketing goals you can set . The possibilities are wide and anything is possible, as long as your actions on Twitter follow clear guidelines.
2. Analyze audience
The effectiveness of Twitter marketing initiatives improves when informed decisions are made. This is what you can achieve using tools such as advanced search. From its filters you will be able to recognize the most interesting users. You just need to search by keywords or by location.
Before the analysis phase, it is important that you are clear about your objectives . This way, you’ll get more out of your search and find out what your audience is interested in and what they need .
3. Set tone
As in any marketing communication, tone is a key aspect to consider on Twitter. It must be consistent with the brand values. Based on this coherence, publications can take on a more serious or humorous touch, depending on the content.
If you are looking for inspiration , you can find it by following fast food chains such as KFC or Telepizza on this network, which have a young audience and adopt a humorous and casual tone. They constantly use memes and manage to make many of them viral. His secret is to completely blend in with the vocabulary and tastes of his audience . Do you already know how you could emulate them?
4. Analyze hashtags and trends
Hashtags are keywords with the potential to create trends and build community. They bring you closer to new segments of users and give your marketing campaigns on Twitter an identity . You’ve probably already used them at some point to label your tweets. Now you have to achieve the next challenge: get your audience to share them.
It will be easier for you to achieve this if, when creating your own hashtag, you take the following points into account:
- Put the focus on the audience and not just the product.
- Be creative to make it not flat and evoke an emotion.
- Get to the point. If it is short, it will be easier to remember.
- Mark the difference. Your goal is to be unique.
- When including multiple words, don’t forget to start each one with capital letters. This will make it more readable and compensate for the lack of spaces.
5. Start creating content
Once the previous points have been defined, it is time to start generating content for your brand . To facilitate this process, Twitter offers you different tools and functionalities that will be very useful to achieve your goals.
Next, we review what formats and new features are available in 2022.
Tools and functionalities available: news and trends in 2022
- Common formats . These are tweets in text format of a maximum of 280 characters to which photographs and videos can also be added . In 2022, new possibilities are added that your brand must explore and take advantage of.
- Communities on Twitter. If your posts on this network revolve around a specific topic, you can create one and moderate it. Please note that in this case, users will need to receive an invitation to participate. It is a good idea to create communities related to the topics that interest your audience, since this makes it easier for your brand to become a prescriber on that topic. To maintain the flow of communication, you can take advantage of both your own content (from other platforms, such as a blog) and external content that you consider can also add value to the community.
- Tweet Takes. This is a feature that will be available soon. It consists of an option that will allow you to quote a tweet with video or image reactions. This puts a new form of expression within reach of your company and enhances the video format, which is becoming the king format and will establish itself in 2023
6. Measure the success of your goals
Measurement is the basis of continuous improvement. Metricsallow you to see which areas can be optimized and decide which adjustments will be most effective . Twitter provides a very complete tool to measure your results: Twitter Analytics.
In view of the data, you will be able to find out when it is best to tweet or which contents receive the best ratings from users, among other things. This knowledge will be key to making your brand stronger on the social network.
However, it is necessary that the marketing strategy on Twitter is not an independent initiative, but rather one more part of the brand’s overall strategy. We must try to integrate all the steps in this channel within the Social Media content strategy.